Monday, January 7, 2013

coconut on a regular

I LOVE coconut. I wish I could eat a fresh one everyday. I think having the skill of a machete would come in quite handy ;) Heres a little info a friend emailed me this morning. I thought Id pass it along!

Coconut is high in saturated fat, but more than half of that comes from lauric acid, a unique lipid that battles bacteria and improves cholesterol scores. And get this: A study published in Lipids found that dietary supplementation of coconut oil actually reduced abdominal obesity. Of the participants, half were given two tablespoons of coconut oil daily and the other half were given soybean oil, and although both groups experienced overall weight loss, only the coconut oil consumers’ waistlines shrunk. Sprinkle unsweetened flakes over yogurt or use coconut milk in a stir-fry to start whittling your waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment